Ashington Children's Nursery is located to the north of the main London Road in Ashington Village. It has access from both sides of the A24 and also the B2133 Billingshurst Road. The nursery is located in the former Methodist Church with easy drop off parking. We identified a need in the village for under 2 childcare for full daycare and have been overwhelmed by the support of the village.
All the children including the Pre School will come together across the lunchtime in the main preschool room for social lunchtime. After lunch the children will go for some quiet time in their main area's but we fit the routine around what happens at home, so sleep routines are determined by when they would normally sleep during the day at home.
We have 3 main rooms 0-2years Twinkles, 2-3 years Shooting Stars and 3-5years Ashington All Stars. Outside all the children enjoy playing, climbing and sliding , riding around on trikes and bikes, hoola-hooping, gardening, digging and many other activities!
The nursery's sister nurseries in West Chiltington and Lower Beeding received an Outstanding Ofsted report in September 2011 and we are very proud of this achievement. With Little Acorns receiving a Good report on its registration inspection we are looking to extend our child centred philosophy and high quality childcare to the Ashington Nursery. We are hugely proud of the care and environment we provide for the children - please come and visit us and see for yourself!
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a safe, happy environment with the appropriate adult to child ratio in accordance to OFSTED all-day care standards for under 8’s.
- For Children to reach their full potential through activities with meaning and purpose encouraging individuality.
- To encourage parental/carer involvement by keeping them informed in their child’s progress, group plan and activities.
- To enhance the children’s confidence and self-esteem by praise and encouragement.
- To plan and provide a wide range of equipment and activities with appropriate adult interaction where the children can succeed.
- To follow child led play but to link this with a semi-structured term plan creating progression in the children’s learning abilities, linking their skills and understanding.
- To provide a well balanced curriculum, which will encourage the children to use their ideas and imagination to further their understanding of the world.
- To encourage the staff to update and further their training to ensure quality care for the children.
- To provide a Childcare Centre in which children are treated and respected equally regardless of gender, race, disability or religion.